Saturday, June 23, 2007

Sleep on THIS...

The man who has stolen in order to never thieve again remains a thief. Nobody who has ever betrayed his principles can have a pure relationship with life.

-A. Tarkovsky (Sculpting in Time)
I read this quote from Tarkovsky tonight and it really sparked something in me. I spend a lot of time thinking about my own “principles” and if the actions that I make on a daily basis really fit into that Christian Worldview that I like to talk about so much. Things like, “Are my thoughts toward that person I saw on the street really something that a follower of Christ should think?” or “Do my inner-most thought processes really mesh with what I say I believe?”

When I read Tarkovsky saying that no one who has betrayed their principles can have a pure conscience, I thought, “WOW…that is so true!” When I don’t think in a way that would be pleasing to God, when the fruit of the spirit is not evident in my thought processes, there is no way that I can ever be the person that God has destined me to be. It’s a double life and a double mind.

Just some thoughts that I thought I’d take captive for a few minutes…

No comments: